1. Work gets done ________ when people do it together, and the rewards are higher too.
A. easily B. very easy C. more easily D. easier
2. My parents have always made me ________ about myself, even when I was twelve.
A. feeling well B. feeling good C. feel well D. feel good
3. He began to take political science ________ only when he left school.
A. strictly B. truly C. carefully D. seriously
4. The final score of the basketball match was 93-94. We were only ________ beaten.
A. nearly B. slightly C. narrowly D. lightly
5. The new group of students is better-behaved than the other group who stayed here ________.
A. early B. earlier C. earliest D. the earliest
6. —Do you need any help, Lucy?
—Yes, The job is ________ I could do myself.
A. less than B. more than C. no more than D. not more than
7. There is an old proverb, “Love me, love my dog. ” But there is ________ wisdom in this: “Love me, love my book.”
A. some B. much C. more D. most
8. With April 18’s railway speedup, highway and air transport will have to compete with ________ service for passengers.
A. good B. better C. best D. the best
9. The melon the Smiths served at dinner would have tasted ________ if it had been put in the fridge for a little while.
A. good B. better C. best D. well
10. After two years’ research, we now have a ________ better understanding of the disease.
A. very B. far C. fairly D. quite
11. Speaking of all the songs he has written, I think this is probably his ________ one.
A. better-known B. well-known C. best-known D. most-known
12. Of the two coats, I’d choose the ________ one to spare some money for a book.
A. cheapest B. cheaper C. more expensive D. most expensive
13. —I wonder why Mary is so unfriendly to us.
—She is ________ than unfriendly, I’m afraid.
A. shyer B. much shyer C. shy more D. more shy
14. —I didn’t do well in this English examination. How about you?
—I did ________ you.
A. not better than B. no worse than C. as well as D. no better than
15. —Now that you like the house with a garden, why not buy it?
—Well, I can’t afford ________ house at present.
A. that expensive a B. a such expensive C. that an expensive D. a so expensive
16. —Do you regret paying ten dollars for that book?
—No, I would gladly have paid ________.
A. as twice many B. twice as many C. twice as much D. as twice much
17. —I’m leaving on April 30.
—So why not come to spend ________ days with me?
A. all these last few B. these all last few C. these last all few D. all last these few
18. —Be careful not to drop the Ming Dynasty vase.
—Yes, we can’t be ________.
A. too careful B. very careful C. too careless D. careless enough
19. He’s not got another job yet and it’s not ________ he will for some time.
A. likely B. easily C. nearly D. lonely
20. We do meet now and then, but not ________.
A. freely B. commonly C. regularly D. presently
21. You don’t have to be angry with him. He ________ wanted to know the truth.
A. almost B. mostly C. merely D. hardly
22. —Are you pleased with what he has done?
—It couldn’t be____. Why didn’t he put more effort into his work?
A. any worse B. much better C. so bad D. the best
23. He moved away from his parents and missed them ________enjoy the exciting life in China.
A. too much to B. very much to C. enough to D. much so as to
24. —Is your headache getting ________?
—No, it’s worse.
A. better B. bad C. less D. well
25. Bob ran the 100 meters in 9.91 seconds, and I have not seen ________ this year.
A. the best B. better C. the most D. more
1. C。根据题意可知，说话者是将when people do it together和when people don’t do it together这两种情况比较，故选比较级。注意不要选D，因为在此题是要用副词修饰动词，不能用形容词。另外，根据句末的higher too也可知道此题是考查比较级。
3. D。take sth seriously的意思是“认真对待某事”“认真考虑某事”。
4. C。副词narrowly在此表示“勉强地”，又如：He narrowly escaped being run over. 他差点儿被车压死。 The proposal to change the rules was narrowly defeated by 201 votes to 196. 建议改变规则的提议以196票对201票的微弱差额被否决了。本题句意：篮球赛的最后比分是93比94。我们以微弱的劣势输掉了比赛。
6. B。注意句中的Yes，由于答话者对问话者的“你需要帮助吗?”作了肯定回答，说明答话者独自完成工作有困难，故填more than。
7. C。由于是将“Love me, love my dog”与“Love me, love my book”进行比较，故用比较级。此题的巧妙之处在于句中没有出现than，而是给出两个待比较的proverb。
11. C。因为是从他所写的所有歌中选出一首来比较，故用最高级(from www.yygrammar.com)。
14. D。句中的no better than相当于as badly as，其意为“一样不好”。
17. A。语序：不定代词 + 指示代词 + 序数词 + 基数词。
18. A。此题考查can’t be too + adj，其意为“无论……也不为过”。
20. C。因为只有regularly(经常地)才与now and then(偶尔)相对。
22. A。因为It couldn’t be any worse. 意为“(他的工作做得)非常差”，与后文内容相符。
23. A。因为too…to do sth. (太…以至于不能做…) 是固定搭配。
24. A。由答语No, it’s worse.可知问句中用better。
25. B。后面省略了than he did，意为“我今年还没看到比他跑得更好成绩的人”。